Was to have some weird unexplainable pain in my left knee about 7 miles into what became a 13 mile ride this morning. It started out like a little pinch on the side of the joint and by the end of the day I swear I could see little lightning bolts pointing to my patela whenever I stepped wrong.
It didn't really feel that severe at first, but by the end of the ride I wanted my 18t cog back (I switched to a 16t about a month ago). Definately going to swap cogs for tomorrow's group ride and spin instead of mash. I am also going to scrutinize my bike fit, stop lifting other than KB's, and generally try to take it easy while trying not to compromise my training too much. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who is a Prostetist (sounds way seedier than it actually is - he makes braces and artificial limbs). So, I'm going to consult with him and see if he can help.
I haven't been the best to my knees over the 32 years I've been around and this isn't a completely new development. When I was snowboarding a lot I had similar issues with my knees, hopefully I can resolve this in short order.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment